Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana – PMMVY is a maternity benefit programme offered by the government of India under which a cash incentive of Rs. 5,000 is provided to pregnant women and lactating mothers. The incentive is provided for the first living child of the family for fulfilling the specific maternal and child health conditions!
Matru Vandana Yojana Gujarat Benefits
To provide compensation for the wage loss in terms of cash incentives so that the woman can take adequate rest before and after delivery of the first living child. It is a partial compensation which is a part of a plan to provide a total sum of Rs. 6,000 on an average to the woman. The remaining cash incentive (of Rs. 1,000) is provided under Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) after institutional delivery.
To improve health seeking behaviour amongst pregnant women and lactating mothers.
How to apply
A beneficiary can apply for the scheme only within 730 days from the date of her Last Menstrual Period (MP). The LMP registered in the MCP card will be treated as the Date of Pregnancy under the scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana 2023, document, online application, pdf form and support
|Name of the scheme||Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana Gujarat|
|assistance||An assistance of Rs.6,000/- is given to pregnant women.|
|objective||This assistance is provided to pregnant women for the purpose of maintaining their nutrition and health.|
|Beneficiary||Pregnant Women of Gujarat State|
|Type of application||Offline|
|contact||Asha worker Anganwadi worker in nearby primary health center|
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana Gujarat
pradhan mantri matru vandana yojana in gujarati help
In this scheme, assistance is paid to the beneficiary in 3 installments, the details of which are given below.
The second installment is due only after 6 months of pregnancy . In this APL beneficiary who is only getting 2000 rupees . And BPL beneficiary is entitled to Rs 2000.
Third Installment Assistance
The third installment is only available after registering the birth of the child i.e. after 14 weeks of vaccinations like BCG, DPT, OPV, hepatitis B. In this APL beneficiary is entitled to Rs 2000 and BPL beneficiary is entitled to Rs 2000 .
A total of Rs 6000 is available to the beneficiary.
Eligibility: Eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana
Eligibility:- The pregnant women who can apply for this scheme are as follows:
- Pregnant women who are above the age of 19 years can avail the benefits of this scheme.
- This scheme is for those pregnant women who have become pregnant after January 1, 2017.
Required Documents: Important Documents for PMMVY Scheme
- Aadhar card of parents
- parent’s identity card
- child’s birth certificate
- bank account pass book
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana Gujarat Online Application Form
Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana : 6000 R.s Help 2020 Undernutrition continues to adversely affect the majority of women in India. In India, every third woman is undernourished and every second woman is anaemic. An undernourished mother almost inevitably gives birth to a low birth weight baby. When poor nutrition starts in – utero, it extends throughout the life cycle since the changes are largely irreversible. Owing to economic and social distress many women continue to work to earna living for their family right up to the last days of their pregnancy. Furthermore, they resume working soon after childbirth, even though their bodies might not permit it, thus preventing their bodies from fully recovering on one hand, and also impeding their ability to exclusively breastfeed their young infant in the first six months.
For more information on PMMVY visit the link below
|Official Website 👉||Click here|
- Women who are eligible for the scheme are required to register themselves at the hospital, government dispensary or Anganwadi center implementing the scheme in the respective state or union territory.
- At the time of registration, the woman and her husband must get Form-1, fill in all the details, give their own Aadhaar number, mobile number, bank or post office account number of the woman and her husband along with the necessary Aadhaar proof and express their consent in writing. .
- There is no need for registration forms, and these forms can be obtained from Anganwadi Centers and Government Dispensaries or Hospitals.
- After registration, the beneficiary of the scheme has to get the acceptance number or receipt from the place where the form has been submitted, on showing which the amount of the various installments of the scheme will be given.
- After name registration, mother and child protection card will be given to the beneficiary, after providing Aadhaar card or proof of identity and bank or post office account numbers, the first installment of the scheme will be received.
- The second installment of the scheme will be given after six months of pregnancy by filling Form 1-B and submitting a copy of the mother and child protection card and the report of the medical examination conducted before the birth of the child.
ALSO READ: આવક નો દાખલો કાઢો
Benefits under PMMVY:
Cash incentive of Rs 5000 in three instalments i.e. first instalment of Rs 1000/ – on early registration of pregnancy at the Anganwadi Centre (AWC) / approved Health facility as may be identified by the respective administering State / UT, second instalment of Rs 2000/ – after six months of pregnancy on receiving at least one ante-natal check-up (ANC) and third instalment of Rs 2000/ – after childbirth is registered and the child has received the first cycle of BCG, OPV, DPT and Hepatitis – B, or its equivalent/ substitute.
The eligible beneficiaries would receive the incentive given under the Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) for Institutional delivery and the incentive received under JSY would be accounted towards maternity benefits so that on an average a woman gets Rs 6000.
Registration under the Scheme:
The eligible women desirous of availing maternity benefits are required to register under the scheme at the Anganwadi Centre ( AWC ) / approved Health facility depending upon the implementing department for that particular State /UT.
For registration, the beneficiary shall submit the prescribed application Form 1 – A, complete in all respects, along with the relevant documents and undertaking/consent duly signed by her and her husband, at the AWC/ approved Health facility. While submitting the form, the beneficiary will be required to submit her and her husband’s Aadhaar details with their written consents, her/husband/family member’s Mobile Number and her Bank/Post Office account details.